MALDEN reader

LET

Friday, January 28, 2011

NONPLAYER by Nate Simpson


On my facebook, I had the pleasure of hearing that Nate Simpson has found a publisher for his comic NONPLAYER (aka Project Waldo).  It should be coming out in April 2011from Image Comics, so keep an eye out people, because you are going to be BLOWN away.  Yeh, bolded AND italicized.  You can't mess with that.

I also like this news because:

A) Mr. Simpson has shared drinks with me over Karaoke and does a mean David Bowie.  Hearing this news makes me happy.

B) It gives me a little hope that maybe, MAYBE, I can do the same with MALDEN at some point.  The plan has always been to collect MALDEN in a collected edition at some point in the future, whether it be single issue like PVP and Liberty Meadows (I think that link maybe NSFW so be careful), or a large collected volume similar to Calvin & Hobbes.  

We're getting close to the end of the current arc.  I figure once the arc is done, I'll do some work on a cover mock up and send a submission to Image.  

Hearts on fire fingers cross no retreat no surrender, yo.  You can't succeed without risking failure.

-Peter

No comments: